SMTP over SSH

I have my laptop set up to work fine with my home mail server from just
about anywhere. The only problem is that I have a couple of classes that
I use my laptop for which block certain ports for the network. One of
those ports is 25. So I'm able to read my mail just fine over IMAP, I
just can't send any outgoing mail. I need some way to get around this.

I can set up my MTA to listen to connections on, say 2525, but that is
going to be up all the time. I could also set up iptables to forward any
connections from port 2525 to port 25, but again, this will stay up all
the time, which I don't want.

What I'd like is to have a way to send traffic from my end on 2525 (or
something else that isn't blocked) and have it go to port 25 on my mail
server. What I had in mind, though I admit that I don't know if it's
possible, is to establish a regular old SSH connection on port 22, then
somehow 'bind' ports 22 and 25 on both ends. So that as far as the
school firewall is concerned, I'm using SSH, but I'm actually sending to
and from port 25 on each of the machines.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or any other alternatives? Preferably, it
won't require any modifications to my MUA or MTA setups. (i.e. I won't
have to set Evolution to send on port 2525 or some such, nor force exim
to listen for connections on port 2525)
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837