Re: Today mozilla-firebird Wants To Remove KDE

David Crane wrote:
[mozilla-firebird]
I am unsure what I should be moving toward:

I am on stable and tried to do this.
Apt also tried to remove much of KDE.
(Someone told me this was because firebird depends on something/someversion that does not work with KDE/stable)

woody:/home/stw# apt-get install mozilla-firebird
[...]
10 packages upgraded, 18 newly installed, 76 to remove and 144 not upgraded.

Since I noticed the 144 not upgraded on my system when trying, I did apt-get upgrade with 70 not upgraded. I removed the line in /etc/apt/sources.list that I added there for firebird and everything was alright.

So I guess I need to be more careful with 'unofficial' sources for stable :)

HTH,

Stefan

Here is the transscript:

woody:/home/stw# apt-get upgrade
[...]
85 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 70  not upgraded.
Need to get 65.9MB of archives. After unpacking 12.9MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
woody:/home/stw# vi /etc/apt/sources.list
woody:/home/stw# apt-get update
[...]
woody:/home/stw# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.