Help me please with TAR

Hello,

I am quite a new user of Debian, so my question would sound a little bit
stupid, but I've got a problem with TAR. I am using a testing version of
Debian. I have upgraded TAR to 1.13.25-5 version and as I try to unpack
tar.bz2 files  with " tar xjf ... " I get such a message:

tar (child): bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting no
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous error

Please help me,

Thanks,

Piotrek