Re: convert RedHat to Debian

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:34:57AM +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
>  --- Z F <mail4me9999@yahoo.com> escribi?:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have a RedHat box and I would like to convert it to Debian. Is it
> > possible to do it without reformatting the hard drive? If yes, how.

> I am in the process of converting two servers and 10 workstations from RH to
> Debian.  The hard part is the servers.  I imagine that since you do not want
> format the drive you have some data you would like to preserve.  I'm not sure
> that there is an easy way to do this.  You may want to try installing

It could be quite easy to save data if this is the case, AND the drive is
partitioned out well for /home or /local.  I'd think such a partition could
be mounted directly during the install.  I expect /local would be the best
choice...

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,