Re: convert RedHat to Debian

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:34:57 +0200 (CEST),
Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030824233457.49479.qmail@web41804.mail.yahoo.com>:

>  --- Z F <mail4me9999@yahoo.com> escribió:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have a RedHat box and I would like to convert it to Debian. Is it
> > possible to do it without reformatting the hard drive? If yes, how.
> >
> > I am not on the list so please reply to me directly.
> >
> > Thank you very much for your kind help
> >
> > Lazar
>
> I am in the process of converting two servers and 10 workstations from
> RH to Debian.  The hard part is the servers.  I imagine that since you
> do not want format the drive you have some data you would like to
> preserve.  I'm not sure that there is an easy way to do this.  You may
> want to try installing an additional drive in the machine.  Install
> Debian on it, and start copying stuff over from the RH drive.  Once
> that is done, you can reclaim the original drive, use it for backup,
> or just format it and leave it in there for extra storage capacity.

..someone mentioned chroot'ed installs here today Sunday, his links:
http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DebianChrootInstall
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200308/msg01080.html

..has anyone tried this from Red Hat on Raid-1 disks?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: