Re: money/quicken/?

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 09:56, Jose wrote:
> Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> >  --- Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman@mailandnews.com
--snip--
> > http://www.moneydance.com/
> >
> > Moneydance is also an option.  About US$30 and runs on Mac, Linux, and Windows.
> > I haven't tried it out, just heard great reviews about it.
> >
> > -Roberto
> >
> I use Moneydance after trying GNUcash, kapital, Mymoney, QHacc and
> Checkbook Tracker. Moneydance is the best.
>
> It is a Java based app and as noted, runs on all platforms. It is very
> much like Quicken and the author listens to what we want and implements it.

I used moneydance for a while when I first switched to GNU/Linux, since
I was uncomfortable with the way gnucash worked. After all of the
turmoil surrounding moneydance with the company that was marketing it
going under, etc, I ended up switching to gnucash and have been there
since.

I agree that moneydance is a very good program, but I hesitate to
recommend non-free software which is why I use and tend to promote
gnucash. And I do very much believe that given 10 - 15 minutes to just
sit down and use gnucash, it becomes very simple.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837