Re: money/quicken/?

Roberto Sanchez wrote:
 --- Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman@mailandnews.com

escribió: On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 03:11:06AM -0400, D. Clarke wrote:

are there any decent (free or not free) money/quicken clones out there that'll do basically everything those big-bad windows programs will do?

preferably something with debian packages, naturally.

Try gnucash.

http://www.moneydance.com/

Moneydance is also an option.  About US$30 and runs on Mac, Linux, and Windows.
I haven't tried it out, just heard great reviews about it.

-Roberto

I use Moneydance after trying GNUcash, kapital, Mymoney, QHacc and Checkbook Tracker. Moneydance is the best.

It is a Java based app and as noted, runs on all platforms. It is very much like Quicken and the author listens to what we want and implements it.

I was using Win4Lin just for Quicken, but now I no longer need it on my hard drive.