Re: How to remove Exim ?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 01:54:18PM -0800, W.D. McKinney wrote:

| # apt-get remove --purge exim
[...]
| Removing exim ...
| /var/lib/dpkg/info/exim.prerm: update-inetd: command not found
| dpkg: error processing exim (--purge):
|  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 127
| Errors were encountered while processing:
|  exim
| E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I wonder if this is related to bug #205845.  (I just saw a note in the
'netbase' package's changelog about it)

In any case, you can manually work around this by ensuring there is no
exim entry in /etc/inetd.conf and modifying
/var/lib/dbpk/info/exim.prerm so that it doesn't try to run
update-inetd.

HTH,
-D

--
You have heard the saying that if you put a thousand monkeys in a room with a
thousand typewriters and waited long enough, eventually you would have a room

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/