Re: How to remove Exim ?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 12:32:12PM -0800, W.D. McKinney wrote:
| Hello,
|
| Is there a URL for how to remove exim from Woody 3.0 ?
| I can't seem to recall what I did the last time :-)

# aptitude --purge exim
    or
# apt-get remove --purge exim
   or
# dpkg --purge exim

You probably don't want to do the above, however.  UNIX systems need
an MTA so that, at the very least, the system can notify you of
certain error conditions.

exim will get removed automatically if you install a different package
which provides 'mail-transport-agent'.

HTH,
-D

--
One man gives freely, yet gains even more;
another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/