Re: libc6 optimizations

> I was thinking that in addition to the kernel, libc6 was a good
> candidate for a recompile in terms of overall performance boosts. I
> know about gentoo, but I dont feel like changing distros.

Benchmark have been made between Debian, Mandrake and Gentoo, with
identical version of programs, and there is no signficant speedup with
Gentoo.

As a matter of fact, it is the slowest of the three distros in all but
one test of this bench, and never the fastest...

http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=227&page=1

Precisely,
le Moine Fou
--