Re: root login How ???

> I found out that after debian 3.0r1 installed,
> try to login as root and passwd at the GNOME Desktop Manager
> and it said " The system administrator is not allowed to login form
> this screen"
> How to login with root account to run some utility from graphic mode
> ???

I know that most Debian users disdain the idea of ever logging in as root, but there are a few times when I've found it useful (I'll probably get flamed to a crisp for saying that). The best way I know of to log in as root is to kill gdm and log in using text mode. You can always start the graphics with "startx".

regards,
Robert