From: Rich B [mailto:deblists@osg.saic.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 4:08 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Permissions on a vfat partition

All,

I've got a dual boot laptop with Sarge & Win2k.
My problem is that when I mount the fat32 partition only root can access

it.  Any other user account gets "Permission denied"  when trying to
access anything on the partition. I can't even do an "ls" as a normal
user.

My fstab entry currently looks something like this:
     /dev/hda4     /fat     vfat     defaults     1 0

I've tried every combination mount options I could think of, but still
only root can use the partition.

What am I doing wrong?  Help!

Thanks,
Rich