Re: /etc/rc.boot

In article <[🔎] 20030822001824.70094199.csousa@tvtel.pt>,
Carlos Sousa  <csousa@tvtel.pt> wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:55:13 +0200 martin f krafft wrote:
>> /etc/init.d/rcS says that /etc/rc.boot is run only for
>> compatibility. What's the Debian standard for rc.local/rc.boot now?
>> Please don't make me write init.d scripts for every single line
>> I need.
>>
>> /etc/inittab and /etc/cron.d:@reboot are not really options...
>
>What's wrong with /etc/rcS.d ?

That is meant for system initialization, not for starting daemons
etc. The system is not fully initialized at that (rcS.d) point.
Besides, you put scripts in /etc/init.d, and create appropriate
links in the /etc/rc?.d directories using update-rc.d. That is
how it works. You don't put scripts in /etc/rc?.d directly.

Mike.
--
RAND USR 16514