Re: Debian policy, major change ?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 09:49:02PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:00:37PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > They do (IRC, anyway), but it's just not as effective. Face-to-face
> > communication and the ability to look over at somebody's screen in real
> > time and say "oh, *that's* what's wrong" are underrated sometimes.
>
> Well, doesn't KDE automate the process of dealing with VNC for desktop
> sharing?

Trust me, still sucks compared to sitting next to co-developers. (What's
so difficult about this concept?) Also, not all the d-i developers use
VMware or whatever, it being non-free and all, and the free alternatives
being too slow for some people.

> > If you're suggesting that this release might have boot-floppies still,
> > no, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.
>
> I wish I could share your optimism.

This ain't optimism. It's a statement that continuing to maintain
boot-floppies is impractical from a release perspective, so we *have* to
have debian-installer.

> I can't even get far enough to file a decent bug report using VMWare.

Can't you file a bug report about where you got stuck?