Re: Debian policy, major change ?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 03:45:49AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:41:48AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > If the results of September's hackathon are anything like those of
> > the d-i sessions at debcamp, that should clear up most of the
> > remaining issues.
>
> Well, people could coordinate via IRC or IM and hack at it.

They do (IRC, anyway), but it's just not as effective. Face-to-face
communication and the ability to look over at somebody's screen in real
time and say "oh, *that's* what's wrong" are underrated sometimes.

> But it's been so long since the last release, I think everybody's
> about ready to say "fuck it, one more release, then we should have
> it."

If you're suggesting that this release might have boot-floppies still,
no, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Cheers,