Re: Debian policy, major change ?

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:09:01PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 04:51:42PM +0200, Stephane wrote:
> > Next debian stable to be released on 1st december:
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200308/msg00010.html
> >
> > I would love to hear some comments :)
>
> I'm not following debian-devel, though I think it can be pulled off.
> Testing's pretty much there already.

testing has quite some way to go yet in my opinion (the rest of GNOME 2,
KDE 3, plus a couple of other very complex group transitions), but I
think it's feasible, yeah. The big question hanging over this release
has always been debian-installer, and the consensus among those who know
seems to be that it's approaching readiness. If the results of
September's hackathon are anything like those of the d-i sessions at
debcamp, that should clear up most of the remaining issues.