Re: bonnie++: disastrous RAID 1/5 results

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Juri Haberland <juri@koschikode.com> [2003.08.21.1605 +0200]:

>> Well, I don't know about ext3, but my RAID5 device, which I created
>> without any special commandline parameters, looks like this:
>>
>> md7 : active raid5 hdg9[2] hde1[1] hda9[0]
>>       160086272 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [UUU]
>
> How'd you make it? What does your /etc/raidtab look like?

Urm, actually I don't have a raidtab, because I used mdadm:

mdadm -C /dev/md7 -l 5 -n 3 /dev/hda9 /dev/hde1 /dev/hdg9
mkfs.ext3 /dev/md7

Possibly mdadm has other defaults than the raid-tools.
Generally I recommend to use mdadm, because it is more flexible and
actively maintained by Neil Brown, the Linux SoftwareRAID guy.

Cheers,
Juri