Re: explanation of the noise (was Re: Norton AntiVirus detected and quarantined a virus in a message you sent.)

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 07:23:08PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:12:20 +0100
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> > Newsflash: they are. They're just not perfect, unfortunately.
>
>     I am aware of that.  I just wonder why, for example, we're getting
> asian spam here when my filters hit it as spam up to 8 with
> undesirable languages on.  AFAIK we don't have any asian Debian lists.

Nope; debian-chinese-big5, debian-chinese-gb, debian-japanese, and
debian-user-indonesian all exist. (Does Indonesian count?)

> So why not tighten that down a bit?

In general I think you should direct suggestions for improvement of the
lists to listmaster rather than here.

Cheers,