Re: explanation of the noise (was Re: Norton AntiVirus detected and quarantined a virus in a message you sent.)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:32:23 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> It's not a binary, it's ASCII.  And what you say applies only if
> you're sending to morons who open every binary attachment without
> fail, or take the opposite (and equally harmful) view and strip every
> attachment without consideration.

    abuse@rr.com are such morons.  Now going on day 3 of one of their IPs
spewing a virus bad enough for me to get 2-6 bounces an hour 24/7 because my
address somehow got into the from: field.