Re: Problem with X

 --- Andreas Janssen <andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com>
wrote: > Hello

> Hooman (<a_linux_newbie@yahoo.ca>) wrote:
>
> >  --- Andreas Janssen <andreas.janssen@bigfoot.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> However, If you didn't do it, please first try to
> >> turn off the Kernel
> >> framebuffer option as Stephane already proposed.
> >> Many nvidia cards
> >> won't work if it is activated.
> >
> > How exactly should I turn framebuffer off? I
> didn't
> > find any item about framebuffer in XF86config-4
> file.
>
> Look out for this option in the Device Section:
>
> Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
>
> Comment it out or set it to false. Or, as already
> proposed, use
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and select "no"
> when debconf asks for
> the option.
>
> best regards
>         Andreas Janssen
Hi,
Thanks a lot. Finally, I could boot with Gnome or any
other Windows manager. Now I have another problem(s).
First, when I want to login as root from login screen,
the system doesn't let me in and issues an error
message. Why is that? I tried other Windows manager
sessions like X-window, KDE, .. but still I can't
login as root.
Second, how can I change monitor resoloution from
Gnome menus?
These are the questions for now. Special thanks to
Andreas and Glenn

Regards,

=====
Hooman