ALS-100 Sound Card and Sid

 During a recent upgrade to Sid, my old ESS-Solo1 sound card died. I do not
think that the upgrade broke the card. I rummaged through my junk box and
came up with an Avance Logic ALS-100. After finding out that sndconfig 0.7 is
broken, I went back to sndconfig 0.68.

  Sndconfig wants to install the sb.o driver for my ALS-100 but it always
fails when trying to insmod sb.o. Isapnp reports that the card is using
0x240, irq 11, dma 3,1.

  cat /proc/interrupts shows that IRQ 11 is not in use.

  Is sb.o the correct driver for the ALS-100?

  Should I just ditch this dinosaur and buy a modern card?

Thanks,
Larry