Re: OT: Re: rms on debian : background noise

Colin Watson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:12:01AM -0500,  Rob VanFleet wrote:

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 08:19:37PM -0400, J.F.Gratton wrote:

A zealot is a zealot is a zealot. He might have been usefull, but
past a certain point, constant whining <spelling ?>

Congratulations, you just joined the 10% of the net (not faulting
those who aren't native english speakers) that actually *does* spell
"whining" right (i.e. not "whinging").

"Whinge" is a perfectly valid word (my dictionary says it was originally
Scottish). I occasionally see the misspelling "winge", though, which is
irritating.

http://www.australianbeers.com/culture/whinge.htm

not that i'd advocate the site as the hub of anglistic ethnography, but the euro-antipodeans source the act, if not the word, a tad south of hadrian's wall.

ben