Re: rms on debian : background noise

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 22:07, ben wrote:

> be fair. if it wasn't for rms, there might very well not be a linux,
> much less a debian.

A zealot is a zealot is a zealot. He might have been usefull, but past a
certain point, constant whining <spelling ?> just becomes background
noise.

>From what I read (here and the linux kernel developpers' mailing list),
RMS has become just that, background noise, nobody pays much more
attention to what he says. Folks like Alan Cox and Linus Torvalds seem
to be quite fed up with his (RMS) constant criticism or whatever what.
Then again, I might misinterpret them, I don't pretend to read minds.

Whatever RMS says about Debian won't prevent me to use Debian which I've
found to be the best Linux distro all around, and I've tried some
before. I was born and raised as a Catholic, and Heavens forbid if I'll
damned do everything the Pope says :) No reason I'd start blindly
following what someone tells me to do / think, then. So there, RMS.

Jeff