Re: SCO identifies code?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:51:00PM -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:

> Welcome to the wonderful world of 'intellectual property' in the US.
> As an example here:
>
> My previous employer had a contract provision that stated that any and
> all code I write while employed there was owned by the corporation.

My current employer tried the same tactic.  I refused to sign the
paperwork until the wording was changed.  Now, they own the code that I
write explicitly for them, nothing else.  If I write a utility without
request from them (even if they later make use of it), it belongs to me
not them.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar