SCO identifies code?

I've been off the news for a while, and I was wondering if SCO has
provided any details yet of exactly what was supposedly copied into
Linux from Unix System V.  I then read this:

 http://www.crn.com/sections/BreakingNews/dailyarchives.asp?ArticleID=43982

-- quote --
The cameras flashed when SCO attorneys briefly highlighted on screen
alleged examples of "literal" copyright infringement and improper use of
derivative works of Unix System V code that appear in Linux 2.4X and
Linux 2.5X.

While it was difficult to ascertain the exact code being shown on
screen, attorneys pointed to exact copying of some code from Unix to
Linux and claimed that IBM improperly donated almost a million lines of
Unix System V code to the Linux 2.4x and Linux 2.5x kernel that infringe
on its Unix System V contract with SCO -- and SCO's intellectual
property.

SCO claimed that much of the core code of Linux including Non-Uniform
Memory Access, the Read Copy Update for high-end database scalability,
Journaling File System, XFS, Schedulers, Linux PPC 32 and 64-bit support
and enterprise volume management is covered by SCO's Unix System V
contracts and copyrights.

For example, 110,000 lines of Unix System V code for read copy update,
55,000 lines of NUMA code and more than 750,000 lines of symmetric
multi-processing code from Unix System V has made its way into Linux,
attorneys and SCO executives claimed.
-- /quote --

SCO owns XFS?

I assume most here agree it's absurd to think you can't have "free"
software?  Isn't that what SCO is now claiming, that US copyright law
"supercedes(sic) the GPL" -- so you can't write "free" software?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org