copy and paste problem

Hi all,

please CC me in replies - not subscribed to this list.

I have got quite a strange copy and paste problem:
When I select text using my mouse in Eterm, I can't paste it to qt
applications like licq or even qt-designer (i created a new form with a
textarea and did preview - pasting didnt work on that new window)

BUT I _can_ select text from xterm and paste it to qt applications.

It is even possible to copy and paste from Eterm to xterm.

I am using debian sid (always up to date) and I had this problem for
some time (months) now. ( I did not reinstall debian since the problem
exists - so it may be a configuration issue)
Other details about my system:
kernel 2.4.21
Xfree 4.3 (though i had this problem with Xfree 4.2 too)

I tried creating a new user (so that no user config files could be the
reason) and had the problem there too.

Anyone knows a solution to this problem ?

greetings
Martin