Re: Problem with video card when installing debian Gnu/Linux.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 04:04:34PM +0200, Johansson Mikael (mj) wrote:
> Hello!
> Thank you very much for responding on my question Kent.
> Maybe I have to try Unstable/sid like you said but before
> that I thought of trying your hint while my feet are dry.
> What does it mean to run "lspci"? I tried to do it in the
> version of Debian I have installed, without any X-Window,
> from the prompt but only got an error message that the command
> isn't known. Same thing with dpkg-reconfigure. Is it while
> installing this should be done. Sorry for my ignorance.

You need to be root (or you can specify the full path for
the command, but it won't necessarily help you if you need
root permissions to read things anyway). Su to root, or
log in as root, and then run lspci and dpkg-reconfigure
and things will go as clockwork.  Which means they'll go
well. :-)

--
Mark Kent