Re: Hardware

Repeat after;
*sits in the corner repeating "Do not post at 2:30am after coming down
off a caffiene buzz. Do not post..."*

Seriously though. While ATi has drivers, they don't appear to work for
the full range of OpenGL functions. To my understanding, they have a
bunch of patents, some not owned by them, in those drivers, so they
can't release them as open source. Instead, they've done the next best
thing, and released them as closed source which works with pretty much
any 2.4.x kernel, and without sacrificing features.

Twinview, and TV-Out both work - although I can't get two separate
displays for two separate servers (where I would plug in a separate
mouse and keyboard, and run two 'terminals' off the same computer. :/

Actually, having done some reading since I last upgraded my video card
(at which point, I want to play UT2K3, and only nVidia cards would do
this), it seems things have got better. Preferably, I'd like something
nvidia style, or better yet, something downloaded with Xfree86. It MUST
do the following;
OpenGL (at a decent speed, with full support).
TwinView
TV-Out

If ATi drivers can now do this for all cards, across all archs, without
buggering around (which includes things like using alien to get at
Redhat only drivers), then I'll take a look. Until, I'll stick with
nVidia. If this is the case, then I'll retract all my points and return
the rock from whence I came. ;)

Edward