Re: Fetchmail stuck on bad messages

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:56:15PM -0400, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:22:52PM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > You know, I've been wondering about this for quite sometime.
> >
> > What are the tradeoffs between these two scenarios?
> >
> >    fetchmail -> exim -> procmail
> >
> >    fetchmail -> procmail
> >
> > There must be something that exim can/does do that procmail cannot?
> >
> > What do you think?

There's another option, of course:

   fetchmail -> exim

...no procmail. I've never seen the need to use it. All I want to do
in the way of filtering, sorting, spam-tagging, stripping the adverts
out of yahoo list mail, etc, I can accomplish with exim's filter
facilities and the odd shell script, without using punctuation soup.
Given that not having procmail doesn't break stuff, but not having an
MTA does, I think this option deserves wider notice.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons