Re: system reboots before booting

Tom Badran said:
> On Thursday 14 Aug 2003 16:40, David Fokkema wrote:
>> I'm sorry this was necessary... The fourth or seventh time? You
>> reinstall debian quite a lot, then.
>
> Ive installed debian all of _once_ and never looked back. That was over a
> year ago. Even when i was on mandrake i would reinstall with each
> new major release.

Yes, it's a massive source of frustration for me. The last time I had to
do a re-install was about two months ago. I was moving the office into
another room and the laptop froze for absolutely no reason. When I shut it
down (with the power switch) and then tried to boot there was something
wrong and the boot wouldn't finish. It was something like bad sectors
somewhere, but I don't remember exactly now.

I am the *only* person I know that has technology problems like this. In
the last two months I've had to return: a compact flash card (died
randomly within the first week of use); a cel phone (defective
software--an option was missing from one of the screens); a camera (died
two days after I bought it while on vacation because my other camera had
died)....and that's only since June!!

So next week I'm taking a week-long course in bookbinding and considering
giving up this whole technology thing. ;) (Just as an aside: I will never

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
Xtrinsic