Problem with video card when installing debian Gnu/Linux.

Hello.

Hardware:
AMD Athlon processor 1,2 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 30 GB HD
Video Card Pro Savage

1. When trying to install Debian Gnu/Linux the video card is
    not recognized by the installation program. I am asked to
    install drivers for it. How is this done? When using Win 2000
    the cd following the motherboard can be executed automatically.

    Even if I find Linux-drivers for this video-card I dont know
    how to install them properly using debian Gnu/Linux. What is
    the general way of installing hardware in debian. Is there a
    special program in the OS that does this and all I have to do
    is place the proper driver in the proper place.

2. I want to set up my computer to run both Linux and Windows.
    Is this possible?

Every hint is welcome!

Thank you in advance.

Mikael