Re: kernel-package and grub

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:50:33 -0400
Chris Black <chris@getcynical.com> wrote:

> Engosh <engosh@hadrons.org> wrote:
> <snip>
> > 	1) Is there any way to update grub menu.lst when installing a kernel package made by kernel-package (I mean as it does whith lilo)?
> >
> > 	2) Where can I get images to use in the splashimage of grub? Or how can I make some?
>
> Check out the README.Debian file in /usr/share/doc/grub/. If you had
> you'd have know that you can do update-grub to setup your menu.lst. :-)

Thanx. I've checked it out, and in there I've found a web whith a splash image howto, the web is:
http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/grub-images/
I hope you like it. (I have downloaded some splash images) ;)

I didn't know about update-grub, thanks. But I'm curious about if it's possible to include in the kernel-image-xxxxx.deb installation the automatic grub update ( as it do whith lilo).

Thanx.

Engosh