Re: OT: question about HTTP headers

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

POST /mypay.asp HTTP/1.1
Host: mypay.dfas.mil

POST /mypay.asp HTTP/1.1
Host: mypay.dfas.mil

Some web servers don't check the method verb, thus you can use the GET method with POST data in the URL. You might be able to do something like:

<https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.asp?HiddenVal=Netscape5.0+%28Windows%3B+en-US%29>

I haven't tried this trick for a while, so I might have formulated it incorrectly, but I have done it before.

I used wget to download the two .asp scripts that run when you first bring
up the page, but I could not find in the browser identification code where
this particular information was pulled from.

If you're posting your UA string, then either there's some client side script that has done this, perhaps via DHTML or whatever it's called (thus it won't appear if you wget the page), or it was detected on a earlier page and IIS inserted it in to the content before serving it (presumably it would then be visible with wget). You've got it working with a non-IE browser under Windows, so there is no MSFT hidden logic here. Does any of this work if you disable JavaScript?

Malc