Re: OT: question about HTTP headers

<https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.asp?HiddenVal=Netscape5.0+%28Windows%3B+en-US%29>

> I haven't tried this trick for a while, so I might have formulated it
> incorrectly, but I have done it before.

I tried this but it didn't work.  HiddenVal was still showing up with X11
even when I fed Windows into the URL like you suggested.

> >I used wget to download the two .asp scripts that run when you first bring
> >up the page, but I could not find in the browser identification code where
> >this particular information was pulled from.
> >

> If you're posting your UA string, then either there's some client side
> script that has done this, perhaps via DHTML or whatever it's called
> (thus it won't appear if you wget the page), or it was detected on a
> earlier page and IIS inserted it in to the content before serving it
> (presumably it would then be visible with wget).  You've got it working
> with a non-IE browser under Windows, so there is no MSFT hidden logic
> here.  Does any of this work if you disable JavaScript?

The site does not even load with JScript disabled.  How else might IIS be
obtaining the string?

> Malc

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS