Re: Poor performance with 1GB of RAM

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 17:36, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > On 11 Aug 2003 17:14:14 -0500
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > > However, what, then, would you do with a 2GB partition?  I say that
> > > there's no *harm* in leaving your setup just the way it is.
> >
> >     Until the other partitions are full up.  I remember the day that I bought
> > my 60Gb (was looking at a 40Gb originally) and thought "Man, this will never
> > fill up!"
> >
> > Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> > //morpheus/D          60018688  57551872   2466816  96% /mnt/morpheus_D
> >
> >     If it weren't for my CD-RW it would be at -60Gb by now.  :/
>
> How much does an 80GB drive cost now?  Add it as /dev/hd[b-f], and
> have a rip-roaring time...

I think that the 'sweet spot' for price/performance is around 120GB now.
(Probably reaching 160 GB right now).  The 120GB HDDs are under US$100
at the moment, with shipping, if you look online.

I really need to pick up two and replace my 'tiny' 80GB which only has
14GB free.

~ Jesse Meyer

--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt@hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night