Re: Poor performance with 1GB of RAM

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 16:19, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:49:21 +0200
> "J. Zidar" <zee@email.si> wrote:
> > Question: How do I turn off the swap partition (in a few steps)?
>
>     Well, turning it off is easy.  swapoff

Keeping it off, though, across reboots is the important question,
though.  To do that, edit /etc/fstab and comment out the lines
referring to swap.

However, what, then, would you do with a 2GB partition?  I say that
there's no *harm* in leaving your setup just the way it is.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                            |
| "Man, I'm pretty.  Hoo Hah!"                                  |
|    Johnny Bravo                                               |