Re: Newbie Q: Where are my kernel sources?

Hi,

I've managed to load the kernel-headers OK!

Now, when I run hsfconfig (the modem installer utility) it says that I need the kernel-sources as well.

I've transferred these from my Debian CD and "un-bzipped" them. Now I've got a .tar package that I need to unpack.

I've tried to unpack this file using tar -x kernel-source-2.4.18.tar however nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong.

Cheers,

Chris Share