Re: Need help generating odd crontab line

Kevin Mark wrote:

<snip>
How about
<min> <hour> 5-11 * 5 echo "Just a reminder that the KCARC meeting will be this" `date -d 'now + 2 days' '+%A, %d %B'` "at 7pm, at the Abilene Public Library, 2nd floor. See you there!" | mail -s "Reminder: Club Meeting" kcarc@yahoogroups.com?
<snip>
While it is neat to write huge arguments in a cron file, would it not be
good idea to put it in a text file?
min hr 5-11 * 5 sendmynotice.pl
-Kev

That probably would be cleaner. But not only can I not cron; I can't script either. So until I can sit down and figure out how to write such a script, I'll be content with the huge arguments in a cron file that I've been given. But I definitely like the idea of a script. Thanks for the tip!

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)