Re: iptables and nat

Thanks for replying, but I have some more questions :)

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:51:11AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:06:37PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
>
> > And when does the addresstanslation take place?  (I'm using SNAT)
> > When do I have to put the local address in the rules and when not?
>
>   The addresstanslation takes place in the PREROUTING chain. You can
> even use the local address for the rules in that chain.

SNAT is done in the POSTROUTING chain, right?

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
SNAT       all  --  anywhere             anywhere    to:157.193.88.23

Thanks for you reply.

--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org