Re: make-kpkg ( line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:37:19 +0800 (CST)
"Pete Trachy" <pete@foxcreekleather.com> wrote:

> I have tried compiling the 2.4.21 and available 2.6
> kernels using the debian source packages.  I have been
> following the instructions on the newbie doc
> (http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html)
> but when I try to compile either kernel version i get
> almost exactly the same error after running:
>
> fakeroot make-kpkg --append-to-version=.20030812 kernel_image
>
> Which is (for the 2.6 try):
>
> lots and lots of output......
> and finally
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.0-test2'
> echo done >  stamp-build
> /usr/bin/make -f /usr/share/kernel-package/rules
> real_stamp_image
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.0-test2'
> /bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
> make[1]: *** [real_stamp_image] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.0-test2'
> make: *** [kernel-image-deb] Error 2
>
> Also I am on unstable.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Pete
>
> ps I'm doing this for an IBM T40, does anyone know what is
> the best processor type to pick for pentium m?

Yes, I've got the same errors as you, but no with the 2.6.0-test3 kernel.
Another problem I have is that with the 2.6 kernel I'm not able to make kernel-nvidia module. And have somebody tried to execute modprobe with the 2.6 kernel, 'cause I get some errors and I'd like to know if that is normal.

Thanx
Engosh