Re: make-kpkg ( line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file)

 --- Engosh <engosh@hadrons.org> escribió:

> Yes, I've got the same errors as you, but no with the 2.6.0-test3 kernel.
> Another problem I have is that with the 2.6 kernel I'm not able to make
> kernel-nvidia module. And have somebody tried to execute modprobe with the
> 2.6 kernel, 'cause I get some errors and I'd like to know if that is normal.

As of kernel 2.5.48, you must have the module-init-tools package (instead of
modutils) to be able to deal with kernel modules.

The interfaces have also changed, meaning that the nvidia driver you got from
nvidia will not work with newer kernels without some hacking.  Just google
around and check nvnews.com, as there are plenty of kernel hackers out there
on the bleeding edge that have gotten theirs to work and then supplied patches.

That's how I got my binary nforce drivers working under 2.6.0-test1 and -test2.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es