Re: USB Intellimouse problem

On -2035-Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:02:55AM +1000, Damien Solley <dsolley@student.usyd.edu.au> spake thus,
> JASITD (Just a stab in the dark): What sort of surface are you you using
> the Intellimouse on? I have had similar problems to what you're
> describing when using the optical sensor on printed sheets (newspaper),
> pattered wood desks, and even ornamental mousepads (with pictures on
> em). If this might be the problem, then try using the mouse on a plain
> surface (eg a blank sheet of paper).

It definitely wasn't that. I have experienced the problems you
describe, but I have since gotten it working and not only do I not
know HOW I did it, but I'm not sure how it worked in the first
place... :p

I was missing one or two kernel modules or options that I needed, and
after adding them I started to see output from `cat /dev/input/mice`
where there was none before. I believe it was, in particular, the
"input layer support" under one of the primary usb modules, like HID,
but I don't have my laptop in front of me so I'm not sure.

In any case, problem solved, very irritating, went through about 5
kernel builds trying different options, finally I'm operational.

Thanks!

--
Aaron Bieber
-