Backport issue

I am a woody user who is trying to backport some packages from
sid. Usually the procedure is not very difficult, sometimes secondary
packages need also to be backported, but with some patience this is
not a problem.

However, I am finding an issue backporting packages that build-depend
on cdbs. For satisfying build dependencies, I always end up
backporting a package called springgraph, but then it refuses to
install, asking for some other packages that build-depend on cdbs
themselves.

Is it imposible, what I am trying? Or am I being exceedingly stupid
and I am missing obvious details?

Any feedback will be very useful, so thanks in advance.

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"