Re: Good Debian-based distro

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:22:40 -0400 (EDT)
> Because Debian is available for nearly ever hardware out there.
> http://www.debian.org/ports
>
> Redhat supports significantly less platforms.
> http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/platform/linux/redhat.com/dist/linux/9/en/os/
> shows only i386. They can afford to tailor their installer for just that
> one architecture.
>
> That is a summary of the thread about why Knoppix has better detection.
> They also focus on i386.
> --

Excellent point!

If we assume that I'm narrowly focused on i386 architecture only.
How do you utilize Kudzu in Debian for configuring new installs?

Admittedly it isn't consistent with the ideology of Debian having a wide
range of support for hardware and a consistent interface for installation,
but the reality is that I have a number of installations to get done in a
big fat hurry and could really benefit...