Interesting Mail setup

Hi group.

I've got an interesting Mail setup that I want to configure for my system,
but I don't even know where to start.

First a little about my system.  I'm running woody on a computer that is
connected to the internet behind a router.  The router has a 24/7 cable modem
connection.

Now for what I want.  I have several pop accounts and a yahoo webmail account.
I want my machine to download all this mail and sort it into several different
folders.

You might be asking why does he want to do this.  Well, I am a college
student, and I am out and about a lot.  I want to be able to walk into any of
the computer labs on campus and ssh into my machine so that I can read my mail
in one convenient location.

So I've been looking into this and this is what I have come up with so far:
YahooPOPs + fetchmail + (sendmail or exim or qmail or postfix) + procmail.

The problem is it seems so overwhelming that I don't know where to start.  I
was wondering if there where any good websites or HOWTOs or books or anything
about this.  I would also appreciate any input you may have especially if you
have an easier way to do this.

MA