Re: Helping the newbie

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 05:51:04PM -0400, Jeremy Davis wrote:
> Are the debian packages not kept up-to-date?

Let me try to put this in perspective for you:

When you upgrade a commercial distro, you have to spend the next two
weeks figuring out why everything stopped working (even though it was
just fine before). This is what drove me to Debian.

This kind of thing has given me upgrade-phobia. I don't want the latest
software. I want the latest software that works!