Re: Reliably transferring a large amount of data from one machine to another over DSL

On 09 Aug 2003 01:30:34 +0100
Shri Shrikumar <shri@urbyte.com> wrote:
> Yup, both running Debian. How can I get the software to work around any
> unreliability presented by the connection ?

    Others have suggested some viable methods and you may want to explore
them.  The thought that I had was to set up an FTP server on the local side
and then have the remote side, the side you want to copy the files to, ftp
those files off using something like ncftp or lftp which has both a mirror
command and auto-resumes on failure.  However this has the downside of not
being as secure as scp would be, naturally.