Re: Reliably transferring a large amount of data from one machine to another over DSL

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 18:17, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two machines connected to the internet using DSL. What I would
> like to do is backup one machine to the other. The files are compressed
> and encrypted and then transferred usinc SCP. Atleast, thats what its
> supposed to do. It does the first two steps fine but the transfer is
> regularly unsuccessful - it aborts with "connection lost" or similart
> (cant remember exact error message). The procedure is run from cron.
>
> Any ideas on a reliable way to transfer 1 or 2 gb of data over dsl ?

apt-get install rsync

If that doesn't work, then you need to look into actual hardware or
service problems. (e.g. your ISP blocking certain types of transfers)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837