Re: is exim attempting to relay ???

Also sprach Malcolm Ferguson (Fri 08 Aug 02003 at 11:48:36AM -0400):
> Michael D. Schleif wrote:
>
> >Recently, I am getting emails bounced back to me from my mail gateway.
> >Strangely, the attempted outgoing From: is
> >FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@bragi.private.network ?!?!
> >
> >The entire bounce is here:
> >
> >  <http://helices.org/tmP/exim.relay.txt>
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >What do you think?
>
> I'm no SMTP expert... but maybe somebody on your network is (probably
> unknownly) sending out the virus-laden Microsoft patch spam.  The
> recipient MTA is refusing the message as the domain name
> (private.network) isn't valid.

I don't think that is it, since -- unless I'm terribly mistaken -- it
appears that the whole process starts with an incoming mail message,
with malformed headers, which is bounced.  What confuses me is, where
does this address:

   sophie.bourcier@wanadoo.fr

come from?

Also, the more I study this, perhaps this is supposed to be a legitimate
bounce by my exim, and I have exim misconfigured?

Further comments?

--
Best Regards,

mds