Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful (was Re: Look

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:10:30 -0500 John Hasler wrote:
> Carlos Sousa writes:
> > Do you also have an account at my service provider? Or is it that
> > you're just incapable of setting up your mail system to show the
> > real origin of your emails? Anyway, you're incurring in mail
> > forgery.
>
> No he isn't.  His "From:" line reads "From: alanc".  As it contains no
> domain your service provider's MTA adds its own.  He's still doing
> something stupid, but it isn't forgery.

Yes, I was aware of that. It's still forgery, though, in the sense that,
through his ignorance, he is causing his email to appear to others as
coming from non-existent addresses, in spite of having already been
warned about it several times since the start of this discussion.

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/